The North Reading, "4th of July Committee", is an all volunteer organization dedicated to providing a family friendly fireworks event in the town. Our family fun day is our way of raising money to support out goal.
The North Reading Fourth of July Celebration dates back to the 70's. For many years, the town had a fireworks show thanks to the hard work of local residents. After a number of years without an event and missing the sense of community the event brought to the town, former resident Fred Chalmers organized a meeting.
His “Bring Back the 4th” committee raised funds that allowed the community to experience a great July 4th celebration. With Fred’s passing, the committee continues the mission of keeping the fireworks alive in North Reading.
Read more at the North Reading Transcript , North Reading Patch and NECN
This event is coordinated by an ALL volunteer committee. Our key logistical team consists of:
Nancy Wolfe, Suzanne Markham Bagnera, Peter Spinelli, Andrew String, Anne Valade, and Phil DiPrima along with our town selectman, Jeff Yull! Please connect with any of us!
There is no admission fee for this event, but donations are appreciated! The food trucks typically take cash. There are nominal charges for some of the activities. There is NO ATM on site.
Farrelly Realty Group, Your Hometown Realtors will be walking around collecting donations and giving out bracelets as a symbol of your patronage; Buckets will also be available to leave your donations at: Freeze Frame Foto Booths, Stork Ready, Trinity Evangelical Church & at the 4th of July booth.
4th of July Committee Tent:
Exclusive sale of ice cold WATER, glow merchandise, and activity ticket sales. The sale of all of these items will directly support the firework show for the evening. Open from 10am to closing! A portion of the proceeds of the fresh squeezed lemonade will go toward the fireworks as well!
While dogs are allowed at the park, they must be on a leash. Please be aware that dogs are NOT allowed on the school buses. In addition the dogs cannot be on the field where the hot air balloon is.
No alcohol consumption on town property.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change without notice.
|10am - Noon||* Field Day: Field Day games in the front field at Ipswich River Park sponsored by Sports Zone|
|12:30pm !||* The main parking lot will CLOSE at 12:30pm for the day; all cars must be removed by then in order to fit all of the food trucks.|
|4:30pm||* Park Opens for foot traffic only - there will be NO cars in the lot|
|4:30pm - 9:30pm||* Food trucks open. See out list of Food Trucks
* Tot Spot sponsored by Stork Ready with Fit4Mom Wakefield Lake - Stroller Strides & Stroller Barre and the Honest Tea Company. They will have complimentary sun & bug screen from Babyganics and a free to enter raffle for a Car Seat from Babies R Us! Open from 4:30pm to Dusk.
* Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides sponsored by Re/max Renaissance. ($10/adult and $5/kid) - open from 6:30-8:30pm.
* Touch-A-Truck opens.
North Reading, MA Firefighters Local 1857 will have an ambulance (4:30pm to closing) in front of the large field and the in-service fire truck in the dirt lot exit at the park (7pm to closing). Military Jeep from the 60s - 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Dunk Tank.
Dunk Tank & Face Painting sponsored by Kids Stuff Amusements LLC - open 4:30pm until dusk ($3) Come Dunk Pastor Kirk and Selectman Jeff Yull!
* Craft Fair
Bell's Bowtique - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Photobooth sponsored by Laurie Tomacelli-Cappuccio of Classified Realty Group ($5/group; all people in the group will get a picture!) and supplied by Freeze Frame Foto Booths! open from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
* Bouncy House
Lion Bounce House sponsored by LAER Realty Partners North Reading - open 4:30pm until dusk ($3/3 minutes). Children 3 and over are allowed on this ride.
* Tom Follery, the Magician, is sponsored by the North Reading Republican Town Committee performs at 5:30pm near the dunk tank.
* Balloon Creatures - sponsored by The Music Place- open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Magician Juggler - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
* Ice Cream for sale by the North Reading Historical and Antiquarian Society - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Patriotic candy for sale by the Mt Carmel No 230 Order of the Eastern Star - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Complimentary popcorn sponsored by Trinity Evangelical Church - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* North Reading Masons - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
* Aldersgate United Methodist Church - Cotton Candy available for sale - open 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
|Starting at 4:30pm||
Jack Rabbit Slims Band
Perform in the Ipswich River Park gazebo
|9:30pm||Food trucks shutdown.|
|9:45pm||FIREWORKS show is set to delight !!!
Local Resident and Business owner, Warren Pierce will put on the show.
Please note there will be a 'snow fence' prohibiting access to a large portion of the park, for safety reasons. Kindly keep out of the restricted area for your own safety. Thank you!
We could not bring such a large event to North Reading if it was not for the help of our generous sponsors.
Please take the time to patronize their businesses.
|Sports Zone||Park Street Veterinary Clinic|
|Moynihan Lumber has provided financial sponsorship and requests your understanding that their is to be NO parking in their lot for safety reasons!||Renaissance Realty|
|Laer Realty||Kids Stuff|
|Bay State Disposal||Flush provided our port a potties|
|The Music Place||Play It Again Sports|
|North Reading Republican Town Committee||Gazebo banner sponsored by Re/max Renaissance!|
|Northeast Two-Way Radio Corp. provided our radio communication for event staff!|
|Silver||$500 - $999|
|Bronze||$100 - $499|
The address of the event is
Ipswich River Park, 11 Central St, North Reading, MA 01864
There will be one parking lot available.
Lot 1: North Reading High School,189 Park St, North Reading, MA 01864
A shuttle bus service will run from the high school to Ipswich River Park every 30 minutes until 10:30pm
NOTE: Parking at the park is restricted to Handicapped vehicles only! The main entrance will be closed.